- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
MIB provided Rs 122.25 cr for DD Kisan till FY17
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has released Rs 122.25 crore to DD Kisan channel between 2014–15 and 2016–17, Minister of State in the MIB Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore said in the Lok Sabha.
The total fund allocated for 2017–18 is Rs 80 crore, Rathore added.
The channel has introduced two daily news bulletins at 01:30 pm and 07:00 pm.
DD Kisan is available throughout the country. As a new initiative, a daily programme titled ‘Uttar Purvi Rajyon Se’ has been scheduled, which contains programmes from North Eastern states in their respective languages.
The channel has a daily one-hour live interactive programme called ‘Hello Kisan’. The farmers can call a toll-free number to ask questions to experts or give their opinion.
The channel takes their reactions for improvising the content. A number of field-based shows and programmes are also planned. There is a direct communication at the grassroots level with the channels’ representatives.
Social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter are also prominently displayed on the channel, so that viewers can give their suggestions. Feedback and suggestions are regularly analysed for improving the programming content on the channel, Rathore said.