- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
MIB provided Rs 122.25 cr for DD Kisan till FY17
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has released Rs 122.25 crore to DD Kisan channel between 2014–15 and 2016–17, Minister of State in the MIB Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore said in the Lok Sabha.
The total fund allocated for 2017–18 is Rs 80 crore, Rathore added.
The channel has introduced two daily news bulletins at 01:30 pm and 07:00 pm.
DD Kisan is available throughout the country. As a new initiative, a daily programme titled ‘Uttar Purvi Rajyon Se’ has been scheduled, which contains programmes from North Eastern states in their respective languages.
The channel has a daily one-hour live interactive programme called ‘Hello Kisan’. The farmers can call a toll-free number to ask questions to experts or give their opinion.
The channel takes their reactions for improvising the content. A number of field-based shows and programmes are also planned. There is a direct communication at the grassroots level with the channels’ representatives.
Social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter are also prominently displayed on the channel, so that viewers can give their suggestions. Feedback and suggestions are regularly analysed for improving the programming content on the channel, Rathore said.