- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
MIB gets ISO 9001:2008 certification from BSI
NEW DELHI: The British Standard Institute (BSI) has conferred the certificate of registration on the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting for Quality Management System as per the requirement of ISO 9001:2008 in respect of various permissions/licences issued by the ministry for the broadcasting, print, and films sectors.
These include permission/licence for satellite television channels, teleports, multi-system operators (MSOs), community radio stations, direct-to-home (DTH) services, publication of Indian editions of foreign, technical, and scientific foreign magazines of news and current affairs sector, as well as facsimile edition of foreign newspapers and grant of permission for foreign film producers.
The ministry said it has been taking several initiatives to bring in more transparency and efficiency in the processes relating to grant of various permissions/licences to the eligible applicants.
The ministry also said that it has put in place a well-defined procedure and measures for ensuring quality of services offered to the customers based on the ISO 9001:2008 certification, which will ensure delivery of services by the ministry in a qualitative manner.
The ISO 9001:2008 specifies requirements for a quality management system that demonstrates its ability to provide a product that meets customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
It also aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for continual improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.