- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
MIB directs broadcasters, teleport ops to pay licence fee digitally
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting ( MIB) has directed all broadcasters, teleport operators and news agencies to remit all payments pertaining to the ministry in electronic mode.
In order to implement its Digital India initiative, the government of India had launched non-tax revenue portal (NTRP) for collection of non-tax revenue receipts.
The ministry said that licence fee payments must be made in electronic mode (credit card/debit card/net banking/ RTGSAIEFT) only and not in physical form of payment (bank draft/cheque).
For making payments through NTRP, all broadcasters, teleport operators and news agencies can visit bharatkosh.gov.in.
The MIB has allocated relevant heads of account for making payment. These include:
For making payment of Rs 2 lakh towards annual uplinking fee of TV channels, the head ‘Permission Fee of TV channel for Uplinking from India’ would be used.
Similarly, for paying Rs 5 lakh towards annual downlinking fee, the head ‘Permission Fee of TV Channels for Downlinking from India’ would be used.
For payment of Rs 15 lakh towards annual downlinking fee uplinked from abroad, the head ‘Permission fee of TV Channels for Downlinking from Abroad’ would be used.
For making payments towards requests for changes in channel name and/or logo, teleport, satellite, etc., the head ‘Processing Fee for Various Changes in Permitted TV Channel’ would be used.
For fresh or additional TV channels/teleports/news agency applications, respective ‘Processing fee’ head would be used.