- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
MIB directs 78 TV channels to send equipment to EMMC for content monitoring
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has directed 78 TV channels that are yet to provide equipment to the Electronic Media Monitoring Centre (EMMC) for monitoring of content to send details or required equipment urgently.
The ministry had issued a notice on 9 December directing 194 TV channels to provide the EMMC with one set of professional IRD for each TV channel permitted to them that can give SD-SDI output (in case of HD channels, HD-SDI output) along with one spare IRD per bouquet.
The last date for sending the details/equipment was 31 December; however, only 116 channels had furnished the same.
Alternatively, pay TV broadcaster/service providers are required to provide viewing cards (VC) with matching CAM modules for interfacing with demodulators to decrypt and demodulate the channels over IP. TV channels are also required to provide the technical parameters as satellite, frequency and location of teleport.
Click here to full report