- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
MIB directs 78 TV channels to send equipment to EMMC for content monitoring
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has directed 78 TV channels that are yet to provide equipment to the Electronic Media Monitoring Centre (EMMC) for monitoring of content to send details or required equipment urgently.
The ministry had issued a notice on 9 December directing 194 TV channels to provide the EMMC with one set of professional IRD for each TV channel permitted to them that can give SD-SDI output (in case of HD channels, HD-SDI output) along with one spare IRD per bouquet.
The last date for sending the details/equipment was 31 December; however, only 116 channels had furnished the same.
Alternatively, pay TV broadcaster/service providers are required to provide viewing cards (VC) with matching CAM modules for interfacing with demodulators to decrypt and demodulate the channels over IP. TV channels are also required to provide the technical parameters as satellite, frequency and location of teleport.
Click here to full report