- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
MIB advises private TV channels to air DD News’ sign language feed for R-Day
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has advised all TV channels interested in carrying the live telecast of the Republic Day Parade with commentary to carry the signals of DD News with sign language interpretation for the benefit of differently abled people.
The ministry had received requests for the same so that all citizens can connect meaningfully with this important national day.
People, especially with hearing impairment, had requested for a wide coverage available to them across public and private TV channels, the ministry said in an advisory to broadcasters.
Doordarshan’s DD News channel will carry the sign language interpretation of the Republic Day, to provide access to the people with hearing impairment. DD News will also let private satellite TV channels carry the feed of this event free of cost, if they wish to carry the same telecast.