- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
MIB advises private TV channels to air DD News’ sign language feed for R-Day
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has advised all TV channels interested in carrying the live telecast of the Republic Day Parade with commentary to carry the signals of DD News with sign language interpretation for the benefit of differently abled people.
The ministry had received requests for the same so that all citizens can connect meaningfully with this important national day.
People, especially with hearing impairment, had requested for a wide coverage available to them across public and private TV channels, the ministry said in an advisory to broadcasters.
Doordarshan’s DD News channel will carry the sign language interpretation of the Republic Day, to provide access to the people with hearing impairment. DD News will also let private satellite TV channels carry the feed of this event free of cost, if they wish to carry the same telecast.