- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
MIB advises private TV channels to air DD News’ sign language feed for R-Day
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has advised all TV channels interested in carrying the live telecast of the Republic Day Parade with commentary to carry the signals of DD News with sign language interpretation for the benefit of differently abled people.
The ministry had received requests for the same so that all citizens can connect meaningfully with this important national day.
People, especially with hearing impairment, had requested for a wide coverage available to them across public and private TV channels, the ministry said in an advisory to broadcasters.
Doordarshan’s DD News channel will carry the sign language interpretation of the Republic Day, to provide access to the people with hearing impairment. DD News will also let private satellite TV channels carry the feed of this event free of cost, if they wish to carry the same telecast.