- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Max to premiere ‘Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram Leela’ this weekend
MUMBAI: Multi Screen Media’s (MSM) Hindi movie channel Max is all geared up to premiere the romantic drama ‘Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram Leela’ on 16 March at 9 pm.
Directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, the film stars Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh in the lead roles. Padukone bagged several accolades for her performance in the movie at various award ceremonies held this year.
Ramleela is an adaptation of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, set in violent times. In a Gujarati village, Ranjaar, infamous for its unrestricted manufacture and sale of arms and ammunition, two clans, Rajari and Sanera, have been at loggerheads with each other for over 500 years.
The film opens with a violent dispute between the two over petty matters. Despite various tussles between the heads of the families, Ram (Ranveer Singh) boldly enters the house of the Saneras during the festival of Holi and frolics with Leela (Deepika Padukone) which marks the start of the love affair between the two.
Talking about his experience, Ranveer Singh said, “For my entry song ‘Ram Ji ke chal dekho’, I followed probably the most intense training program I have ever been through to get into the shape that I had to for the song. It was well worth it now that I see it on screen. I am really happy that I look like that at least once in my life and it has been captured in celluloid.”
Deepika Padukone added, “Nagada Sang Dhol has been tough, probably the most difficult songs I have ever done. The song Ang Laga De is a very new sounding song, Lahu Munh Lag Gaya- was young and passionate. I had to completely let go and the only workout I had, was to carry the lehenga’s.”