- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Max gains due to IPL; Life OK climbs to No. 4 in Week 15
MUMBAI: Sony Max’s weekly impressions more than doubled during the week, courtesy of the telecast of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
There was no change in the pecking order of the Hindi movie channels.
Top 5 programmes
All the top five shows on Hindi movie channels were IPL matches.
In a week when most Hindi GECs saw a dip in ratings, Star India’s Life OK climbed to the fourth position on the Hindi GEC ladder, according to BARC data for the week ended 15 April.
Free-to-air (FTA) Hindi GEC Zee Anmol, which had established itself as a strong No. 4 channel, dropped to the sixth spot. Rishtey moved up to the seventh position, while Star Utsav slipped to the eighth spot.
Barring these changes, it was largely status quo in the Hindi GEC genre, with the top three and the bottom two positions remaining unchanged. Sony Pal too maintained its position at the fifth position.
IPL matches during peak hours impacted Hindi GEC viewership, which witnessed a fall.
Zee TV’s ‘Jodha Akbar’, which is currently running on Zee Anmol, entered the list of the top five GEC programmes. ‘Naagin’ continued to top the programming chart.
The other shows in the top five were ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’, ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ and ‘Saath Nibhaana Sathiya’.