- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Max 2 unveils musical initiative ‘Max 2 ka 4’ with Bappi Lahiri
MUMBAI: Starting the year on a musical note, Multi Screen Media’s (MSM) second Hindi movie channel Max 2 has unveiled a new initiative ‘Max 2 ka 4’ with musical legend Bappi Lahiri.
The initiative will run from 18 January till 7 February, showcasing movies famous for their foot-tapping songs. To further promote ‘Max 2 Ka 4’, the channel roped in veteran music composer Bappi Lahiri.
Max and Max 2 senior EVP and business head Neeraj Vyas said, “’Max 2 ka 4′ is an attempt by the channel to rekindle the love for great Bollywood music of yesteryear movies. To popularise this unique concept, we have signed on Bappi Lahiri, popularly referred to as the ‘Disco King’ of India, who is widely recognised for composing vibrant and rhythmic music for films during the 1970s and 1980s. It is an honour to have the celebrated musician support our endeavour to bring back the love for good movies.”
As part of the initiative the channel will showcase 21 films in the primetime slots. These include ‘Qayamat se Qayamat Tak’, ‘Disco Dancer’, ‘Amar Akbar Anthony’, ‘1942: A Love Story’ and ‘Waqt’.
Viewers will get a chance to engage with the channel by messaging back a code that will be flashed during the play-out of four songs in the films, to stand the chance to win television sets every day.
Lahiri said, “There are certain films which people enjoy watching over and over again and that is because of the songs of the film. Having composed the music for movies during that era, I can truly relate to the importance of bringing back timeless songs. I do hope viewers have as much fun in watching the movie marathon as I have had in associating with this unique concept.”