- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Max 2 unveils musical initiative ‘Max 2 ka 4’ with Bappi Lahiri
MUMBAI: Starting the year on a musical note, Multi Screen Media’s (MSM) second Hindi movie channel Max 2 has unveiled a new initiative ‘Max 2 ka 4’ with musical legend Bappi Lahiri.
The initiative will run from 18 January till 7 February, showcasing movies famous for their foot-tapping songs. To further promote ‘Max 2 Ka 4’, the channel roped in veteran music composer Bappi Lahiri.
Max and Max 2 senior EVP and business head Neeraj Vyas said, “’Max 2 ka 4′ is an attempt by the channel to rekindle the love for great Bollywood music of yesteryear movies. To popularise this unique concept, we have signed on Bappi Lahiri, popularly referred to as the ‘Disco King’ of India, who is widely recognised for composing vibrant and rhythmic music for films during the 1970s and 1980s. It is an honour to have the celebrated musician support our endeavour to bring back the love for good movies.”
As part of the initiative the channel will showcase 21 films in the primetime slots. These include ‘Qayamat se Qayamat Tak’, ‘Disco Dancer’, ‘Amar Akbar Anthony’, ‘1942: A Love Story’ and ‘Waqt’.
Viewers will get a chance to engage with the channel by messaging back a code that will be flashed during the play-out of four songs in the films, to stand the chance to win television sets every day.
Lahiri said, “There are certain films which people enjoy watching over and over again and that is because of the songs of the film. Having composed the music for movies during that era, I can truly relate to the importance of bringing back timeless songs. I do hope viewers have as much fun in watching the movie marathon as I have had in associating with this unique concept.”