- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
MarVista Entertainment partners IM Global TV to develop ‘King Kong’ TV show
MUMBAI: MarVista Entertainment is partnering with IM Global Television to develop, co-produce, and co-finance a King Kong television series.
Based on DeVito ArtWorks’ Skull Island property and Merian C. Cooper’s King Kong, ‘King Kong Skull Island’ will be a show led by a woman that looks at the wonders and horrors of Skull Island and its origins. Jonathan Penner and Stacy Title are writers, executive producers. Dannie Festa of World Builder Entertainment will executive produce.
“Jonathan and Stacy have taken a world that has enraptured audiences in all its many forms over the years and given it a contemporary, female-focused spin. It is with great anticipation that we partner with IM Global Television to bring this exciting new vision directly into viewers’ homes,” said MarVista CEO Fernando Szew.
“There’s clearly a deep and abiding interest in this timeless story. We love Stacy and Jonathan’s approach to this adaptation and look forward to partnering with MarVista as we bring this gripping tale of survival and adventure to life for a new generation of Kong fans,” said IM Global Television president Mark Stern.