- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Magic of Cinema channel uses Amagi’s Cloudport Edge playout
MUMBAI: Magic of Cinema (MOC), a free-to-air movie channel, has used Amagi’s Cloudport Edge Playout servers across 17 digital platforms.
Using cloud technologies, Amagi has enabled MOC to launch its channel at a fraction of traditional satellite/fibre infrastructure costs. The entire playout is managed from Amagi’s data operations centre in Bangalore, consistently delivering 100 percent service level performance.
MOC CEO Sricharan Iyengar said, “We evaluated several platforms and finally chose Amagi for its technology superiority and an attractive PaaS business model. It allowed us to avoid high capital expenditure and upfront investment without compromising on the broadcast quality. As our viewership expanded over time, Amagi helped us scale our business giving us the required flexibility and reliability. Amagi has been a true partner in our growth.”
Cloudport is a cloud-based platform, with the benefits of storage and accessibility. Amagi has already implemented its cloud technologies in more than 10 countries covering multi-country feeds. The latest deployment of Amagi Cloudport at MOC further validates the platform’s reliability, flexibility and scalability. The platform has advanced features such as dynamic graphic overlays and sub-parting that met MOC’s exacting quality and feature requirements.
Amagi co-founder Srividhya Srinivasan said, “MOC is a fast-growing movie channel with a line-up of rich and contemporary content. Amagi’s advanced technology platforms coupled with uninterrupted 24×7 playout and monitoring service has successfully and consistently met MOC’s evolving needs. We are very positive about MOC’s potential and Amagi is fully equipped to support the channel’s growth aspirations.”
MOC has an array of over 1,500 Hindi films, and is available on digital cable platforms including Hathaway, DEN, Siticable, UCN and IndusInd Media & InCablenet.