- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Maa TV unveils season two of KBC’s Telugu version ‘Meelo Evaru Koteeswarudu’
MUMBAI: Telugu general entertainment channel Maa TV has unveiled the second season of ‘Meelo Evaru Koteeswarudu’ (MEK), its regional language adaptation of the popular quiz reality show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ (KBC).
The call for entry registrations has been announced by the channel, which will commence from 9 October at 7 pm. The show is expected to hit the TV screens after the Hindi version of ‘KBC’ culminates. The registration process will continue for 10 days till 6:30 pm on 18 October.
As part of the entry process, one question will be flashed every day at 7 pm on the channel. Those interested can respond to the question before 6:30 pm the next day.
Selected participants can get a chance to come to the MEK hot seat and win a maximum cash prize of Rs 1 crore.
Viewers can also register themselves during this 10-day period either through SMS or IVRS. Successful registrations will be put through a randomization process, followed by auditions. An elaborate selection process under the close supervision of the international audit firm Ernst & Young (EY) will determine who will eventually become eligible to participate in the game show.
Popular film star Nagarjuna Akkineni returns as the host of the show which the channel claims witnessed over four crore Telugu viewers in season one. The show is produced by Big Synergy.
As per the TAM data provided by the channel, MEK has recorded 17.61 TVR in CS Female AB 25-44 years category, 14.58 TVR in CS Female ABC 25+ years category, 10.20 TVR in CS Male ABC 15+ years category, 12.31 TVR in CS ABC 15-44 years category and 10.15 TVR in CS 4+ years category.
Maa TV states that the emotional connect and engagement brought by Nagarjuna as the host resulted in a large scale family viewing for five days a week in primetime. The channel continued with the actor as a host in a bid to take the game show to the next level.