- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Maa TV to culminate ‘Meelo Evaru Koteeswarudu’ with special episode
MUMBAI: Telugu general entertainment channel Maa TV is all set to culminate the Telugu version of Kaun Banega Crorepati titled ‘Meelo Evaru Koteeswarudu’ with a special episode.
The 40th episode of the show will be telecast at 9 pm on 7 August and will be the last episode of season one of the show. Hosted by Nagarjuna Akkineni, it will feature Tollywood star Chiranjeevi and Maa TV chairman Nimmagadda Prasad as special guests.
Though the format of the game show is popular in India as Kaun Banega Crorpatii (KBC), the MEK game show hosted by MAA TV has also showcased the aspirations of the common men and reflected the life experiences of the people who have come up the hard way in life. Channel officials state that the show will soon come back for the second season.
Leveraging the strengths of the game show format, Maa TV and Nagarjuna’s image and acceptance, the show saw 1.1 million people showing interest for participation. International audit firm Ernst & Young (EY) supervised the backend process of selection and auditions, while Big Synergy produced the show.
The channel claims the show, which commenced on 9 June, has reached 1.38 crore people in urban Andhra Pradesh and Telangana out of the total TV viewing universe of 1.74 crore.