- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Maa TV to culminate ‘Meelo Evaru Koteeswarudu’ with special episode
MUMBAI: Telugu general entertainment channel Maa TV is all set to culminate the Telugu version of Kaun Banega Crorepati titled ‘Meelo Evaru Koteeswarudu’ with a special episode.
The 40th episode of the show will be telecast at 9 pm on 7 August and will be the last episode of season one of the show. Hosted by Nagarjuna Akkineni, it will feature Tollywood star Chiranjeevi and Maa TV chairman Nimmagadda Prasad as special guests.
Though the format of the game show is popular in India as Kaun Banega Crorpatii (KBC), the MEK game show hosted by MAA TV has also showcased the aspirations of the common men and reflected the life experiences of the people who have come up the hard way in life. Channel officials state that the show will soon come back for the second season.
Leveraging the strengths of the game show format, Maa TV and Nagarjuna’s image and acceptance, the show saw 1.1 million people showing interest for participation. International audit firm Ernst & Young (EY) supervised the backend process of selection and auditions, while Big Synergy produced the show.
The channel claims the show, which commenced on 9 June, has reached 1.38 crore people in urban Andhra Pradesh and Telangana out of the total TV viewing universe of 1.74 crore.