- Disney set to take driver’s seat in India with the addition of Star, Tata Sky
- DishTV launches new offers in Tamil Nadu
- Nothing is finalised on pay hike of Indian cricketers: CK Khanna
- Exit polls predict BJP victory in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh elections
- Govt. clears Bill banning instant triple talaq
- Congress Request Ahead of Gujarat Poll Counting Rejected By Supreme Court
Live TV debate on Radhe Maa turns violent as guests exchange blows
MUMBAI: A national TV debate on the Hindi news channel IBN7 over the controversial self-proclaimed god woman Radhe Maa turned violent when the guests featured on the show exchanged blows after a heated debate.
Self-styled godman Om Ji of the Hindu Mahasabha was having a heated debate with woman astrologer Rakhi Bai on the TV show ‘Aaj Ka Mudda’ on IBN7 over a controversy related to Raadhe Ma, who is embroiled in a case of alleged domestic violence.
Om Ji said, “How can you criticise Raadhe Ma, you correct yourself first.”
When Rakhi Bai protested, he said he was talking about another participant on the show Deepa Sharma whom the channel described as ‘Dharma Guru’.
Om Ji referred to some alleged controversies about the family life of Sharma and criminal cases against her. Sharma then stood up and approached Om Ji from behind, patting on his back.
She warned him saying, “Tameez se baat kariye (talk properly),” and then slapped him. Om Ji also hurled a slap at her and stated, “Tu kya maregi?(How will you beat me?),” as the two were shown grappling on screen.
IBN7 has condemned the incident and stated, “We invite responsible people to our shows and expect our guests to behave responsibly. We don’t expect such behaviour from them and condemn it.”