- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Live TV debate on Radhe Maa turns violent as guests exchange blows
MUMBAI: A national TV debate on the Hindi news channel IBN7 over the controversial self-proclaimed god woman Radhe Maa turned violent when the guests featured on the show exchanged blows after a heated debate.
Self-styled godman Om Ji of the Hindu Mahasabha was having a heated debate with woman astrologer Rakhi Bai on the TV show ‘Aaj Ka Mudda’ on IBN7 over a controversy related to Raadhe Ma, who is embroiled in a case of alleged domestic violence.
Om Ji said, “How can you criticise Raadhe Ma, you correct yourself first.”
When Rakhi Bai protested, he said he was talking about another participant on the show Deepa Sharma whom the channel described as ‘Dharma Guru’.
Om Ji referred to some alleged controversies about the family life of Sharma and criminal cases against her. Sharma then stood up and approached Om Ji from behind, patting on his back.
She warned him saying, “Tameez se baat kariye (talk properly),” and then slapped him. Om Ji also hurled a slap at her and stated, “Tu kya maregi?(How will you beat me?),” as the two were shown grappling on screen.
IBN7 has condemned the incident and stated, “We invite responsible people to our shows and expect our guests to behave responsibly. We don’t expect such behaviour from them and condemn it.”