- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Life OK unveils its first dance reality show ‘Dare 2 Dance’
MUMBAI: Two years after its launch, Life OK is now foraying into the mainstream song and dance space with the launch of its first big-ticket dance reality show ‘Dare 2 Dance’. The move is aimed at securing its position in the top three channels on the GEC chart.
For the show, the channel has roped in Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar to host and mentor the contestants. Kumar was earlier serving as the host and actor for Colors’ big non-fiction property ‘Khatron ke Khiladi’ before he was replaced by action director Rohit Shetty in its latest season.
Life OK promises to break the norms of a regular dance format with a commitment of a ‘first-of-its-kind’ show. It will see trained and famed dancers struggle to manage and survive on the dance floor and prove their mettle as ‘Extreme Dance ke Heroes’.
Life OK general manager Ajit Thakur said, “Like Life OK, Akshay Kumar too has successfully managed to challenge the status quo with his constant need to push the envelope and move beyond the common. It was this need to challenge the norms and do something different that brought us together. Through our show ‘Dare 2 Dance’, we hope to bring yet another unique and unimaginable concept to our audience.”
To be shot in South Africa, the show will test the levels of endurance and determination of each contestant to go from good to great.
Contestants, comprising celebrities and trained dancers, will compete to raise the bar on dancing to a different level, while Kumar, who is known for his dare-devil acts, will guide the contestants and push them to re-invent and perform in extreme dancing conditions every week.
Kumar said, “Life OK has amazed me with their consistent progress and passion to grow without going down the beaten path. The show ‘Dare 2 Dance’ is risky yet exciting as it pushes you to move out of your comfort zone and prove that you can dance fabulously in any situation.”
The dance reality show is being produced by SOL Productions.