- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Life OK to launch ‘Maharaja Ranjit Singh’ in March
MUMBAI: Hindi GEC Life OK is all set to launch a historical show ‘Sher-E-Punjab: Maharaja Ranjit Singh.’
The big-budget historical show will be aired towards the end of March, but the time slot is yet to be confirmed.
Produced by Contiloe Entertainment, ‘Maharaja Ranjit Singh’ is based on the life of the legendary warrior king. He was the founder of the Sikh Empire, which came to power in the northwest of the Indian subcontinent in the early half of the 19th century.
This will be the fourth historical show produced by Contiloe after ‘Veer Shivaji’, ‘Bharat Ka Veer Putra Maharana Pratap’ and ‘Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat’.
Life OK is pulling the plug on its long-running show ‘Kalash: Ek Vishwaas’ in March. ‘Kalash’ is produced by Balaji Telefilms and features Aparna Dixit and Krip Suri as protagonists. The show airs from Monday to Friday at 8.30 pm. It seems ‘Sher-E-Punjab: Maharaja Ranjit Singh’ will replace Kalash at 8.30 pm slot.
Recently, the channel announced the launch of its much-awaited fantasy show ‘Prem Ya Paheli… Chandrakanta’, which will be airing from 4 March onwards, on Saturdays and Sundays, at 9 pm. It is an adapted version of Doordarshan’s popular series ‘Chandrakanta’.