- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Life OK to launch Balaji Telefilms’ spiritual show ‘Kalash’
MUMBAI: Life OK is set to launch Balaji Telefilms’ new show ‘Kalash: Ek Vishwaas’ in the weekday 8.30 pm slot.
The show will launch on 23 March and the existing show ‘Laut Aao Trisha’ will once again take its original half-hour slot starting 9 pm.
‘Kalash’ captures the undying faith of an ordinary girl named Devika in Maa Ambe.
The show stars Aparna Dixit as the pious Devika. Krip Kapur Suri portrays an atheist named Ravi.
Balaji Telefilms joint MD Ekta Kapoor said, “The show traces the journey of Devika’s love, faith, and belief in her God who she considers to be her friend and confidante. The viewers will see Devika as a believer as well as a resilient woman who draws power from Maa Ambe to ward off negativity from her life and fight injustice. It is an attempt to bring alive the thought that strength and belief in God is much higher than all the cosmic energies put together. I am looking forward to my association with Life OK to bring forth this grand venture through an interesting storyline.”
A Life OK spokesperson said, “‘Kalash: Ek Vishwas’ draws relevance to the current state of women in our country and reconfirms the existence of a supreme power. The show explores an unconventional relationship between God and a devotee, strengthening the bond of faith. The story of ‘Kalash’ comes from several real-life experiences of our consumers whose relationship with God is based both on fear and on faith. We chose to highlight the power of faith as it gives people hope and confidence to survive.”