- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Life OK to have two new early primetime shows
MUMBAI: Aiming to revive its early primetime band, Life OK has launched a light-hearted family show called ‘Zindagi Abhi Baki Hai Mere Ghost’ in the 7:30 pm slot.
The channel is set to launch another show, a love story called ‘Ek Tha Chandar Ek Thi Sudha’, in the 7 pm slot from 21 September.
‘Zindagi Abhi Baki Hai Mere Ghost’ will focus on the message that ‘happy family hoti nahi hai, banani padti hai’. It is the story of a young orphan boy named Yug, who finds a family of ghosts to live with. The humorous show will lay emphasise on the values of love and happiness achieved in any family.
Launching today, the show will air at 7:30 pm from Monday to Friday. The slot was left vacant after ‘Mere Rang Main Rangnewali’ went off the air in July, owing to poor performance.
On 21 September, the channel will present ‘Ek Tha Chandar Ek Thi Sudha’, an adaptation of the classic novel ‘Gunahon Ka Devta’ by Dharamvir Bharati. The novel was published in 1949 and 71 editions of the book have been published so far. The show will air every Monday to Friday at 7 pm.
It was the first Hindi novel that talked about social taboos like sexuality, caste, and religious discrimination. The only known adaption of it is a movie with Amitabh Bachchan, Jaya Bhaduri, and Rekha in the lead roles, but the film was never released.
Set in Allahabad, it is the story of the young and mischievous Sudha and the gifted researcher Chandar, a protégé of her father. The bond that Chandar and Sudha share is that of two good-humoured, inseparable friends and neither understands that their relationship may have a name. It is only when Chandar is asked to convince Sudha to get married to a man of her father’s choice that it becomes apparent how the two pine for each other. Rahil Azzam will play Chandar, while Umang Jain will essay the role of Sudha.