- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Life Ok to air ‘Sher-e-Punjab Maharaja Ranjit Singh’ from 20 March
MUMBAI: Life OK is all set to air ‘Sher-e-Punjab Maharaja Ranjit Singh’ from 20 March. The historical series will air every Monday to Friday at 8.30 pm.
‘Sher-e-Punjab Maharaja Ranjit Singh’ will replace Balaji Telefilms’ ‘Kalash’, which ran for two years on the channel.
Produced by Contiloe Pictures, ‘Sher-e-Punjab Maharaja Ranjit Singh’ is based on the life of the legendary warrior king. He was the founder of the Sikh empire and is also known for gold-plating the Golden Temple.
The show follows the journey of the exemplary king who placed service above rule and unity above power. It sets out to discover all the facets of the man whose philosophies endeared him to his countrymen and whose political acumen struck fear in the heart of his enemies — the British and Afghans.
Omung Kumar, who has earlier worked on films like ‘Black’, ‘Saawariya’ and ‘Yuvvraj’, has designed the sets.
Damanpreet Singh portrays the lead role of Maharaja Ranjit Singh.
‘Sher-e-Punjab Maharaja Ranjit Singh’ is the fifth historical show produced by Contiloe, after ‘Veer Shivaji’, ‘Bharat Ka Veer Putra Maharana Pratap,’ ‘Jhansi Ki Rani’ and ‘Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat’.