- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Life OK and Big FM open voting for 2nd ‘Big Life OK Now Awards’
MUMBAI: Hindi general entertainment channel (GEC) Life OK and radio network Big FM have announced the second edition of their monthly film award property ‘Big Life OK Now Awards’.
The nominations as well as call for votes have also been opened for the viewers.
Though the name of the awards property in the first edition was ‘Life OK Now Awards’, it has now changed to ‘Big Life OK Now Awards’ following Big FM extending its role from a producer to a partner.
While Akshay Kumar was the face of the first edition and promoted his film ‘Holiday’ through the association, Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan have come on board as the face of the second awards show to promote their upcoming film ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya’. At the second edition of the awards function, audiences can catch a glimpse of the fun-filled film as well.
With the novel concept of awarding the best entertainers every month, ‘Big Life OK Now Awards’ will recognise and felicitate the best performances of the month of May 2014. The ceremony will be held on 23 June in Mumbai.
Of the Bollywood films released in May, taking the maximum nominations across various categories are movies like ‘Xpose’, ‘City Lights’ and ‘Hawaa Hawaai’.
While actors like Rajkummar Rao, Himesh Reshammiya, Yo Yo Honey Singh and Tiger Shroff have been nominated for their respective releases from last month, new comers like Kriti Sanon, Patralekha and Zoya Afroz dominate the nominations for their respective performances.
Audiences can vote for the best performances out of the shortlisted nominees through digital and mobile platforms.
The voting lines are open with a robust mechanism that allows voting through digital and social media, missed-call services, mobile apps and SMS. Additionally, viewers can also log on to the official website to cast their votes.