- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Krishnan Kutty to head English cluster at Star India
MUMBAI: Star India distribution head Krishnan Kutty will now look after the English cluster at the company.
Kutty, who was made head of distribution in April last year, will take charge from Kevin Vaz, who is now looking after Star’s Hindi general entertainment channels (GECs), apart from Bangla cluster.
Sources in Star India have confirmed the development to TelevisionPost.com.
In his new role, Kutty will oversee the English entertainment channels (Star World, Star World HD, Star World Premiere HD, FX and FX HD), English movie channels (Star Movies, Star Movies HD, Star Movies Action, Star Movies Select HD), and Star India’s relationship with the Fox International Channels (FIC).
The respective business heads of the said Star channels will now report to Kutty.
In November last year, Star India had given the charge of its Hindi GECs, Star Plus and Life OK, to English and Bangla cluster head Kevin Vaz, in addition to Channel [V]. Also, Star Plus GM Gaurav Banerjee was moved to a new role as deputy chief creative officer, content hub.
Kutty has been with Star India for over a decade now. He joined the company in 2005 as VP of research and on-air. He was promoted to EVP of distribution in January 2009 before being made head of distribution in April 2015.
An alumnus of the Indian School of Business, Kutty also worked with GroupM, Vodafone and NDTV.