- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Kirloskar Brothers to co-sponsor Puneri Paltan PKL team
MUMBAI: KBL, a pump manufacturer, is now a co-sponsor of the Puneri Paltan franchise in the fifth season of the Pro Kabaddi League, which is scheduled to be held from 28 July to 28 October.
India business head Anurag Vohra remarked, “It’s truly a matter of pride and honour for an India-based company like KBL to be associated with a traditional Indian sport like Kabaddi as there is a natural commonality between the two. Kirloskar Pumps has been irrigating rural agriculture fields since 1926 and the origins of Kabaddi can also be traced back to the early 20th century rural India. Both embark a sense of ‘Make in India’ feeling, and yes, both are representing Pune on the global stage.”
He also pointed how the popularity of the Pro Kabaddi League is growing year on year with the franchise garnering the second highest viewership in the country after cricket.
The Pro Kabaddi League is a franchise-based professional kabaddi league in India founded in 2014. This season will feature a total of 12 teams. Meanwhile, the Puneri Paltan team is based in Pune, Maharashtra, which held the second-runner up position in the last season. The team will be led by Deepak Niwas Hooda in season five.