- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Kevin Vaz gets additional charge of Star’s Hindi GECs; Gaurav Banerjee to head content hub
MUMBAI: Star India business head of English and Bengali cluster Kevin Vaz has got the additional charge of Hindi general entertainment channels (GECs) Star Plus and Life OK, a source said.Earlier, Vaz was handed out the additional charge of youth GEC Channel V following Prem Kamath’s exit.
Star Plus general manager Gaurav Banerjee is also moving to a new role as deputy chief creative officer – content hub, the source added.
Incidentally, Banerjee was earlier the head of content engine that was responsible for developing shows for the Star network. Subsequently, Banerjee moved out of that role and took charge of Star Plus in November 2013 after Nachiket Pantvaidya’s exit.
Apart from Star Plus, Banerjee also shouldered the additional responsibility of Life OK for a brief period after Ajit Thakur’s decision to move on from the channel. The task of heading Life OK was eventually given to Star Plus marketing head Nihkil Madhok.
Vaz was heading the ad sales department of Star India prior to his appointment as business head of English and Bengali clusters. The English cluster includes channels like Star World, Star Movies, and FX while the Bengali cluster comprises Star Jalsha and Star Jalsha Movies.