- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Kevin Vaz gets additional charge of Star’s Hindi GECs; Gaurav Banerjee to head content hub
MUMBAI: Star India business head of English and Bengali cluster Kevin Vaz has got the additional charge of Hindi general entertainment channels (GECs) Star Plus and Life OK, a source said.Earlier, Vaz was handed out the additional charge of youth GEC Channel V following Prem Kamath’s exit.
Star Plus general manager Gaurav Banerjee is also moving to a new role as deputy chief creative officer – content hub, the source added.
Incidentally, Banerjee was earlier the head of content engine that was responsible for developing shows for the Star network. Subsequently, Banerjee moved out of that role and took charge of Star Plus in November 2013 after Nachiket Pantvaidya’s exit.
Apart from Star Plus, Banerjee also shouldered the additional responsibility of Life OK for a brief period after Ajit Thakur’s decision to move on from the channel. The task of heading Life OK was eventually given to Star Plus marketing head Nihkil Madhok.
Vaz was heading the ad sales department of Star India prior to his appointment as business head of English and Bengali clusters. The English cluster includes channels like Star World, Star Movies, and FX while the Bengali cluster comprises Star Jalsha and Star Jalsha Movies.