- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Keshet Intl enhances sales of BBC One drama ‘The A Word’
MUMBAI: After expanding its premium documentary slate, Keshet International (KI) has announced further sales of its critically acclaimed BBC One drama ‘The A Word’.
BBC First has acquired the six-part drama for Africa and Benelux, UKTV New Zealand, Polish public broadcaster TVP, Brazil’s multichannel cable and satellite TV service Globosat, and South Korea’s EBS public service channel.
The second season of the show is co-produced by Fifty Fathoms and Keshet UK and is soon to go into production. The deals follow the recently closed two-season premium subscription deal with Amazon Prime Video in the US, as well as the first wave of sales that saw Canada’s national public broadcaster CBC, BBC First Australia, YLE Finland, RUV Iceland, HRT Croatia, RTV Slovenia, SVT Sweden and YES Israel acquire the series.
KI president of distribution and COO Keren Shahar said, “‘The A Word’ is proving over and over again how relatable and important it is. We all have families, and families all have challenges to overcome—this is the central thread of the show. I’m delighted that more viewers around the world have the chance to see this heart-warming and thought-provoking series.”
Season 1 of ‘The A Word was’ a standout success, attracting a consolidated average audience of 5.5 million and a 22% market share on BBC One. The first series also generated critical claim in the US, where it aired on Sundance TV, which is also committed to the much-anticipated second season.
‘The A Word’ is written by BAFTA winner and Golden Globe nominee Peter Bowker (‘Marvellous’, ‘Blackpool’) and directed by Oscar nominee and BAFTA winner Peter Cattaneo (‘The Full Monty’, ‘Rev’). It is based on Keshet’s original series ‘Yellow Peppers’ and is created and written by Keren Margalit.