- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
‘KBC Season 9’ gets three sponsors; Reliance Jio is presenting sponsor
MUMBAI:Sony Entertainment Television (SET) is all set to bring back the ninth season of ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ (KBC) after a gap of two years. The channel is planning to air the show by October and it will run on weekdays for six weeks.
KBC being one of the oldest and popular properties, SET has been able to lock in three sponsors even before the launch of the show. The channel has got on board Reliance Jio as the presenting sponsor while the series is being co-powered by Vivo Cameras and Mobile and Ching’s Secret.
KBC has received a whopping 19.8 million registrations. Over 51 lakhs entries were received on the last day, making it the highest single-day registration. With such a huge number of entries, the upcoming season has broken the record of its earlier seasons.
To further promote the show, SET has launched a new campaign, ‘Jawab Dene Ka Waqt Aa Gaya Hai’, featuring the host of the show Amitabh Bachchan. The campaign underlines the show’s core thought ‘knowledge is the great leveller’ in life.
Conceptualised, directed and written by ‘Dangal’ director Nitesh Tiwari and Nikhil Mehrotra, the campaign depicts various slice-of-life situations where individuals are bogged down by difficult questions of life and their only hope is life is to change their destiny with the power of knowledge.
SET EVP and business head Danish Khan said, “KBC is perhaps the most relevant show for India. It celebrates our collective confidence in knowledge as a great change agent for both the individuals and the society. This season’s campaign, written and directed by Nitesh, has both relevance and impact while being extremely humorous and entertaining. We believe this campaign will entertain, engage and drive viewership for the show.”
Director Nitesh Tiwari said, “It is always a delight to write and direct ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ advertising campaign. It revolves around common man and woman with Mr Amitabh Bachchan, and is always based on societal truth. The tone is humorous and challenge is to make its appeal universal. We are excited with this year’s campaign, hope people like it.”