- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
‘KBC’ propels Sony to No. 4, Star Plus sees mighty drop in Week 34
MUMBAI: With the eighth season of ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ (KBC) substantially boosting its viewership, Sony Entertainment Television (SET) has been quite a gainer in the week ended 23 August.
The grand premiere of ‘KBC’ on Sunday, 17 August clocked in 8.96 TVMs (television viewership in millions), while the show got an average of 5.22 TVM in its very first week.
Meanwhile, Star Plus, the foremost Hindi GEC, sustained a mighty fall in the aftermath of the culmination of its top-rated mega mythological drama ‘Mahabharat’ in the previous week.
SET and Zee were the only gainers in Week 34 as per TAM data (sourced from subscribers) for the Hindi-speaking markets (C&S, 4+ years).
Here is how the Hindi GECs performed:
Star Plus remained at the top with 559 GVMs (gross television viewership in millions), down from 689 GVMs in the trailing week.
Zee TV was No. 2 with 465 GVMs, up from 453 GVMs.
Colors was at No. 3 with 377 GVMs, down from 411.
SET was No. 4 with 366 GVMs, up from 263.
Life OK is 5th with 287.85 GVM down from 302.
SAB is No. 6 with 287.68 GVM up from 278.
Zindagi is at No. 7 with 26 GVM.