- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
‘KBC’ propels Sony to No. 4, Star Plus sees mighty drop in Week 34
MUMBAI: With the eighth season of ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ (KBC) substantially boosting its viewership, Sony Entertainment Television (SET) has been quite a gainer in the week ended 23 August.
The grand premiere of ‘KBC’ on Sunday, 17 August clocked in 8.96 TVMs (television viewership in millions), while the show got an average of 5.22 TVM in its very first week.
Meanwhile, Star Plus, the foremost Hindi GEC, sustained a mighty fall in the aftermath of the culmination of its top-rated mega mythological drama ‘Mahabharat’ in the previous week.
SET and Zee were the only gainers in Week 34 as per TAM data (sourced from subscribers) for the Hindi-speaking markets (C&S, 4+ years).
Here is how the Hindi GECs performed:
Star Plus remained at the top with 559 GVMs (gross television viewership in millions), down from 689 GVMs in the trailing week.
Zee TV was No. 2 with 465 GVMs, up from 453 GVMs.
Colors was at No. 3 with 377 GVMs, down from 411.
SET was No. 4 with 366 GVMs, up from 263.
Life OK is 5th with 287.85 GVM down from 302.
SAB is No. 6 with 287.68 GVM up from 278.
Zindagi is at No. 7 with 26 GVM.