- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
iTV Network partners Wisden India for ICC WC content
MUMBAI: Kartikeya Sharma-promoted iTV Network, which owns and operates India News and NewsX, has partnered Wisden India to roll out programming around the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 on its channels.
Coupled with robust analysis and technology-enabled tools, ‘War of The Worlds’ on NewsX and ‘India Mange World Cup’ on India News will decode the ICC World Cup and redefine the experience of the viewers. The two shows will start airing on the channels on 11 February at 6.30 pm.
To create a buzz around this partnership, NewsX and India News, in association with Wisden India, also ran a 10-day online contest called ‘Man vs Machine’. Every day, a question was asked about the World Cup matches held in the past.
The channels have also roped in a panel of guests comprising former players and coaches like Vinod Kambli, Nayen Mongia, Anshuman Gaikwad, Ayaz Memon, Rajkumar Sharma, Dinesh Lad, Deepak Sharma, Madan Sharma, Sanjay Rastogi, Shrawan Kumar and Reetinder Singh Sodhi.
Speaking on this partnership, NewsX editor-in-chief Rahul Shivshankar said, “We are glad to associate with Wisden India for the World Cup 2015 coverage. This partnership is set to leverage our programming and further add to the legacy of our unmatched programming. As we line up the most comprehensive World Cup coverage on our channel, I am hopeful that NewsX will be a one-stop destination for cricket lovers.”
India News editor-in-chief Deepak Chaurasia said, “Big events like World Cup call for a grand coverage. At India News, we are all geared up to get the viewers the best. We will ensure our coverage on the World Cup 2015 will be an absolute treat for cricket enthusiasts. Wisden India with its vast expertise will definitely add value and precision to our programming and give the viewers a rare insight into the game.”