- Delhi: Five schoolboys arrested for stabbing 17-year-old to death aboard moving bus
- HT Media’s digital business under new entity to get listed on stock exchange
- Kerala nurse assaulted on vaccination drive
- Amazon founder Jeff Bezos' net worth is now over $100-bn
- Ryan schoolboy murder: Class 11 student to be defended by Rajesh-Nupur Talwars' lawyer
- Kashmir militants kill Territorial Army jawan
Italo Zanzi is Fox Sports Asia head
MUMBAI: Fox Networks Group Asia has appointed Italo Zanzi as executive VP, MD for its sports network.
The veteran sports executive leads the management of the Fox Sports business and team across Asia-Pacific and the Middle East.
Zanzi joins Fox from Italian Serie A football club A.S. Roma where he was CEO for three and a half years, overseeing all aspects of the club’s operations and business. His tenure at Roma was marked by financial improvements and competitive success for the club, including two-second place finishes in Serie A and qualification to the knock-out stage of the Uefa Champions League in 2015-16.
“I am very excited to take on this truly special role and challenge. With the power of Fox Sports – and its commitment to innovation across all media – the potential for growth is tremendous. Most importantly, I am confident Fox Sports will be a valued home for fans across this dynamic region by delivering a unique and compelling experience,”he said.
Zanzi reports to Fox Networks Group executive VP, MD, Hong Kong, Southeast Asia & the Middle East Simeon Dawes, and is responsible for all aspects of the Fox Sports network, including production, acquisitions and marketing across the region, stretching from Japan to Dubai. He is based in Singapore.
Dawes said, “Italo is the kind of dynamic individual that we need to lead the Fox Sports business. With the knowledge and experience that he brings to the company, I am confident that he, together with the core team at Fox Sports, will be able to drive growth and innovation.”