- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
IPL opens with cumulative reach of 218 mn viewers in first week
MUMBAI: The first seven games of the ninth season of the Indian Premier League (IPL) on Sony Max, Sony Six and Sony ESPN have garnered average TVTs of 21,033 at an all-India (urban + rural) level, as per BARC data provided by official broadcaster Sony Pictures Networks India.
The tournament opened with a cumulative reach of 218 million viewers in its first week. The opening game between Mumbai Indians and Rising Pune Supergiants rated a whopping 24,448 TVTs and garnered a reach of 97 million viewers across India.
Sony Max was the No. 2 channel across genres in Week 15 for the period ended 15 April, as per weekly BARC data. The channel had weekly impressions in thousands of 946,870.
Sony Six and Sony ESPN were top three sports channels with weekly impressions in thousands of 242,701 and 100,057 respectively.