- Dish TV-Videocon d2h merger deal concludes as MIB grants approval
- Airtel Blocked From Aadhaar Platform After Being Accused Of Misusing Data
- Railways mulling installation of CCTV cameras inside trains
- Interpol denies India's request for red corner notice against Zakir Naik, cites lack of evidence as reason
- The Rebooting Of Rahul Gandhi, 49th Congress President
IPL opens with cumulative reach of 218 mn viewers in first week
MUMBAI: The first seven games of the ninth season of the Indian Premier League (IPL) on Sony Max, Sony Six and Sony ESPN have garnered average TVTs of 21,033 at an all-India (urban + rural) level, as per BARC data provided by official broadcaster Sony Pictures Networks India.
The tournament opened with a cumulative reach of 218 million viewers in its first week. The opening game between Mumbai Indians and Rising Pune Supergiants rated a whopping 24,448 TVTs and garnered a reach of 97 million viewers across India.
Sony Max was the No. 2 channel across genres in Week 15 for the period ended 15 April, as per weekly BARC data. The channel had weekly impressions in thousands of 946,870.
Sony Six and Sony ESPN were top three sports channels with weekly impressions in thousands of 242,701 and 100,057 respectively.