- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
IPL final on Sony Max garners 25.7 mn impressions
MUMBAI: The nail-biting Indian Premier League (IPL) final between Mumbai Indians and Rising Pune Supergiants was expectedly the most-watched programme in the Hindi movie genre, notching 25.7 million impressions in urban + rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM), as per BARC India data for Week 21.
Official IPL broadcaster Sony Max, which had seen a huge jump in impressions due to the IPL, led the genre with 63.4 crore weekly impressions with its nearest rival Zee Cinema at a distant second with 37 crore impressions.
Sony Wah dropped to the fourth position in U+R HSM while Rishtey Cineplex entered the top 5 at No. 3, according to BARC data for the week ended 26 May. Zee Anmol Cinema replaced Star Utsav Movies at No. 5.
Top programs in U+R HSM
Apart from the IPL finale, the ‘Extraaa Innings’ mid- and post-match show was at No. 2 in the top 5. ‘Commando 2’ and ‘Yevadu 2’ were the only films in top 5.
Top Hindi movie channels in Urban HSM
Zee Cinema moved up to the second position in urban HSM while Rishtey Cineplex entered the top 5.
Top programs in Urban HSM
The IPL finale garnered 14.3 million impressions in urban HSM.
Top Hindi movie channels in Rural HSM
Rishtey Cineplex saw a big jump in its position in rural HSM. The channel became No. 2 at the expense of Sony Wah, which was down to No. 3. Star Utsav Movies fell to No. 5.
Top programs in Rural HSM
The IPL finale was the most-watched programme with 11.3 million impressions.