- OnePlus 5 to come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, first smartphone in India
- Apple TV updates Twitter with live 360 degree videos feature
- Infosys Ltd announces its new strategy to hire and train 10,000 American workers over the next two years.
- Uber will roll-out new feature in India, enabling users to unlock custom Snapchat filters
- Hollywood star Brad Pitt visits India to promote his Netflix release 'War Machine’
- Wolrd Organisation UN denies Pakistan’s claim that Indian troops targeted UN vehicle near LoCs
- Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court grants bail to five accused in coal case against Naveen Jindal
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi stresses on reducing dependence on other countries for getting medical equipment, to make treatment affordable for people
- Devendra Fadnavis chopper crash lands in Latur, Maharashtra CM and team escapes unhurt
IPL fever impinges on Hindi GEC viewership in Week 15
MUMBAI: BARC data for Week 15 shows that the current season of the Indian Premier League (IPL) impacted the ratings of Hindi GECs in urban and urban + rural markets. In contrast, viewership in rural India did not witness much change.
Although Star Plus succeeded in maintaining its lead in the urban + rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM), the channel saw a 1.87% drop in ratings compared to the previous week. The channel mopped up 67.83 crore impressions in the week ended 14 April.
Sony Pal remained at No. 2 with 59.90 crore weekly impressions, registering a minor drop of 0.72%.
Colors, which was at the third spot, saw 0.41% growth with 59.06 crore weekly impressions. Sony Pal and Colors were quite close in terms of impressions.
Sony Sab moved up to the seventh spot, while Zee Anmol and Sony Entertainment Television (SET) fell to the eighth and ninth positions respectively.
Top 5 shows in U+R HSM
‘Naagin 2’ maintained its lead across all three markets. The show was No. 1 in urban + rural HSM and urban HSM on Colors. In the rural market, it was aired on Rishtey.
Zee TV’s ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Lil Champs’ moved up to the fourth position. Rishtey’s ‘Naagin 2’ entered the list at No. 5 even as Colors’ ‘Shakti’ exited the chart.
The rest of the order remained unchanged.
Top Hindi GECs in urban HSM
Top channel Star Plus saw a drop of 3.91% with 45.66 crore weekly impressions, while Colors, at No. 2, registered 39.38 crore weekly impressions, witnessing a 1.62% drop.
Zee TV dropped to the fourth rank with 28.51 crore weekly impressions while Sony Sab moved up to the third rank with 28.87 crore weekly impressions.
SET shifted to a place down, while Life OK held on to its sixth position and Rishtey climbed up to the seventh spot. Sony Pal and &TV fell to the eighth and ninth positions respectively.
Top 5 shows in urban HSM
Colors ‘Naagin 2’ and Star Plus’ ‘Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai’ maintained their respective ranks at No. 1 and No. 2.
Colors’ ‘Shakti’, which was placed third, swapped places with Zee TV’s ‘Kum Kum Bhagya’.
Sony Sab’s ‘Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltha Chashmah’ stayed put at No. 5.
Top Hindi GECs in rural HSM
The rural market seemed to remain unaffected by the IPL frenzy. Slot leader Sony Pal recorded growth of 2.22% with 46.46 crore weekly impressions. With 39.52 crore impressions, or 6.1% growth, Rishtey remained at No. 2.
Star Utsav moved up to the third rank with 33.46 crore weekly impressions, while Zee Anmol dropped to the fourth position. Zee TV swapped places with Star Plus for the fifth spot. Life OK went out of the chart as SET occupied the 10th position. The rest of the order remained unchanged from Week 14.
Top 5 shows in rural HSM
‘Naagin 2’, which aired on Rishtey, ruled the chart. Three Sony Pal shows were among the top 5: ‘Balveer’ at No. 2, ‘Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltha Chashmah’ at No. 4 and ‘CID’ at No. 5.
Zee Anmol’s ‘Jamai Raja’ was the third most-watched show in rural HSM, according to BARC data for the week ended 14 April.