- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
IPL 9 biggest TV event in India with 357 mn viewers
MUMBAI: The ninth season of the Indian Premier League (IPL) was watched by 357 million viewers, making it the biggest television event in India today.
The tournament recorded a 22% growth over the last week with a viewership of 18,626 TVTs, Sony Pictures Networks India said quoting BARC data for all India.
IPL stamped its supremacy on primetime television with 869 GVM vis-a-vis the No. 2 channel at 391 GVM and No. 3 channel at 343 GVM, the company added.
The highest-rated match to date in IPL 2016 was Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Gujarat Lions (24th May), which garnered 27,219 TVTs and achieved a cumulative reach of over 100 million.