- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
IPL 9 biggest TV event in India with 357 mn viewers
MUMBAI: The ninth season of the Indian Premier League (IPL) was watched by 357 million viewers, making it the biggest television event in India today.
The tournament recorded a 22% growth over the last week with a viewership of 18,626 TVTs, Sony Pictures Networks India said quoting BARC data for all India.
IPL stamped its supremacy on primetime television with 869 GVM vis-a-vis the No. 2 channel at 391 GVM and No. 3 channel at 343 GVM, the company added.
The highest-rated match to date in IPL 2016 was Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Gujarat Lions (24th May), which garnered 27,219 TVTs and achieved a cumulative reach of over 100 million.