- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
IPL 9 biggest TV event in India with 357 mn viewers
MUMBAI: The ninth season of the Indian Premier League (IPL) was watched by 357 million viewers, making it the biggest television event in India today.
The tournament recorded a 22% growth over the last week with a viewership of 18,626 TVTs, Sony Pictures Networks India said quoting BARC data for all India.
IPL stamped its supremacy on primetime television with 869 GVM vis-a-vis the No. 2 channel at 391 GVM and No. 3 channel at 343 GVM, the company added.
The highest-rated match to date in IPL 2016 was Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Gujarat Lions (24th May), which garnered 27,219 TVTs and achieved a cumulative reach of over 100 million.