- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
IPL 8 viewership for first five games up 42% to 4.5 TVR, reveals TAM
MUMBAI: The ratings for the first five matches of the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL) season have seen a whopping 42 per cent jump to 4.5 TVR, compared to 3.1 TVR during the previous edition of the tournament, as per data released by TAM for CS 4+ All India.
The five matches of the eighth edition of the IPL were sampled by 105 million unique viewers on the three channels – Sony Max, Sony Six and Sony Aath, indicating a 9 per cent increase over IPL 7. Time spent by viewers per match was 51 minutes and 44 seconds, which is 22 per cent more than that in the previous edition.
Overall, 39 per cent of the All India Universe tuned to watch IPL 8 matches. Reach, time spent and average viewership, thus, saw an increase this season.
The opening ceremony, which was delayed by rain, failed to attract viewers on television. It garnered only 0.94 TVR.
Shah Rukh Khan-owned Kolkata Knight Riders’ (KKR) victory run chase against Mukesh Ambani’s Mumbai Indians rated 5.4 TVR, thereby making it the most watched match so far.
The match between KKR and Royal Challengers Bangalore, which garnered 5.3 TVR, emerged as the second most watched match of the season. The Riders were beaten by the Challengers in a close encounter.
Despite being a thriller of a game, the Delhi Daredevils vs Chennai Super Kings (CSK) match fetched 4.7 TVR. Mahendra Singh Dhoni-led CSK had defeated Delhi by 1 run in a nail-biting finish.
Priety Zinta-owned Kings XI Punjab’s failed run chase against rival Shilpa Shetty’s Rajasthan Royals garnered 4.5 TVR. With just 2.4 TVR, CSK’s comfortable win over the Sunrisers Hyderabad has fetched the lowest ratings so far.