- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
IPL 2017 breaks previous year’s viewership record in just 4 weeks
MUMBAI: The 2017 edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) has created a new viewership record by garnering a cumulative reach of 363.9 million viewers in just 32 matches vis-à-vis last year’s cumulative reach of 361 million viewers for the entire tournament.
In its fourth week, the tournament’s viewership is at 22.3 million average impressions over last year’s 17 million average impressions after 32 matches. The IPL 2017 matches are being broadcast on Sony Max, Sony Six and Sony ESPN.
IPL 2017 continues to grow and has achieved a cumulative reach of 363.9 million in the fourth week of the tournament compared to last year’s reach of 314 million after 32 matches.
The tournament enjoys higher engagement with 64 minutes’ average time spent per viewer vis-à-vis 53 minutes last year for 32 matches.
So far, the top performing markets have been Maharashtra, AP/Telangana, Gujarat, Karnataka and West Bengal, while Mumbai and Delhi have taken the top spot among the metros.
Sony Max continues to be the numero uno channel on all-India basis with 1.32 billion impressions. The channel’s impression has dropped 12% over the previous week.
Sony Six continues to top the sports genre with 39.69 crore impressions; its impressions in the previous week were 45.53 crore. Sony ESPN’s weekly impressions have shrunk 14.11% to 10.04 crore compared to 11.69 crore impressions in the previous week.