- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
IPL 10, Airtel among the top 10 brands in Week 12
MUMBAI: The top 10 brand list of BARC India for Week 12 saw the entry of some new brands such as Airtel, IPL 10, Honda WR-V and Amazon.in.
With IPL 10 set to kick off on 5 April, the promotions are in full swing. According to BARC’s data, the upcoming cricket league grabbed the fourth spot with 8,003 ad inserts.
Telecom major Airtel entered the chart at the third spot with 8,728 ad inserts, while Honda WR-V and Amazon.in appeared at the seventh and eighth places, with 7,149 and 6,966 ad inserts, respectively.
Dettol maintained its top spot with 10,621 ad inserts. OLX.in moved up to the second spot with 9,292 ad inserts, whereas Hero Splendor fell to the ninth spot with 6,149 inserts.
While toothpaste brand Colgate fell to the fifth rank with 7,503 ad inserts, Close Up Ever Fresh moved up to the sixth spot with 7,301 inserts. Fogg fell to the 10th spot as it saw a decline in its ad inserts.
Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL) maintained its leadership on the top 10 advertisers’ list. According to BARC data for the week ended 24 March, the FMCG giant maintained its top rank with 108,522 inserts. Compared to the last week, HUL witnessed a growth of 7.80% in its number of inserts.
While HUL falls under the advertiser category, its products, marketed under different names, fall under the brand category.
Reckitt Benckiser India (50,422 ad inserts), Cadburys India Ltd (34,204 ad inserts) and Patanjali Ayurved Ltd (24,855 ad inserts) maintained their second, third and fourth positions, respectively. Brooke Bond Lipton India Ltd moved to the fifth spot with 19,981 inserts, while Procter & Gamble slipped to the seventh spot with 19,002 inserts.
With 19,647 inserts, Colgate Palmolive India Ltd stayed at the sixth spot while ITC LTD entered at the eight rank with 16,893 inserts. Super Cassettes Industries and Smithkline Beecham remained at the ninth and 10th spots with 16,280 and 16,063 inserts, respectively.