- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
‘Inside Tirumala Tirupati’ was top-rated show in infotainment genre in Wk 13
MUMBAI: National Geographic India has claimed that its exclusive one hour Indian production ‘Inside Tirumala Tirupati’ was the top-rated show in the infotainment genre in Week 13 with 999 TVT (15+ AB, Urban).
The show, which had premiered on 27 March, had not only resulted in the National Geographic’s 9 pm slot growing by 1720% (15+AB Mega) over the previous weeks but also catapulted the entire Infotainment genre at an all new high, the channel said.According to NGC, the show resulted in growing the genre’s Monday 9 pm slot by 367% over the previous four weeks. The pan-India appeal of this premium India production also ensured that National Geographic beat some of the country’s highest rated channels across genres in the premiere slot. Apart from beating all English channels by a landslide, the show also rated higher in the 9 pm slot than channels from both Hindi Movies and Hindi News genres (15+ AB Megacities).
The one-hour National Geographic Exclusive showcased the awe-inspiring temple and gave in-depth access to the massive scale of operations, the technology used at various stages, the processes and the people who manage the mind-boggling number of devotees visiting this iconic temple. Even before the premiere, there was an incredible buzz and excitement about the documentary, which ensured that the promo of the show got a staggering one million organic views within 24 hours of going live on Facebook.
Fox Networks Group India business head Swati Mohan said, “The overwhelming response that ‘Inside Tirumala Tirupati’ has received reaffirms National Geographic’s commitment to produce high quality content which is relevant to the audience. Giving viewers an unprecedented and exclusive 360* view of one of the world’s most revered temples has truly been an amazing experience for us. The success of this show is attributed solely to the passion and focus of our original productions team and our producers who work tirelessly to make sure every syllable and frame is per gold standard of storytelling that National Geographic and our viewer is worthy. Anything less will just not do.”