- Delhi: Five schoolboys arrested for stabbing 17-year-old to death aboard moving bus
- HT Media’s digital business under new entity to get listed on stock exchange
- Kerala nurse assaulted on vaccination drive
- Amazon founder Jeff Bezos' net worth is now over $100-bn
- Ryan schoolboy murder: Class 11 student to be defended by Rajesh-Nupur Talwars' lawyer
- Kashmir militants kill Territorial Army jawan
Indo–Pak match most-viewed programme in BARC’s history
MUMBAI: The ICC T20 World Cup match between India vs Pakistan created a record by becoming the highest-rated programme in the history of BARC India.
The match between the arch-rivals delivered 83,358 (‘000) average impressions on Star Sports network including DD, Star India said in a release.
The India vs Bangladesh match also rated well. Together, the two matches ensured that the ratings of the sports genre shot through the roof in Week 12 of BARC ratings for the period ended 25 March.
Such was the impact that Star Sports 1, Star Sports 3 and DD National were in the top 10 channels across genres. In fact, Star Sports 1 and 3 were in the top 5 rubbing shoulders with Sun TV and Star Plus.
Commenting on the ratings of India vs Pakistan match, a Star India spokesperson said, “Cricket has always been a great unifier in India. With the India–Pakistan match setting a new viewership record on television, cricket has once again proven its cut through power. It brought the nation to a standstill with more than half of India glued to their television sets.”
The broadcaster said that 332 million viewers (all-India BARC CS4+) tuned in during the first two weeks of the tournament.