- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Indo–Pak match highest-rated ODI match in BARC history
MUMBAI: The India–Pakistan clash in the ongoing ICC Champions Trophy attracted 201 million viewers, thus becoming the highest-rated ODI match in BARC history.
Moreover, an impressive 294 million viewers tuned in for the first half of the tournament, as per BARC India data for 2+ (U+R) all India.
India’s CT17 title defence against Pakistan kick-started with the #SabseBadaMoh campaign. The highly anticipated match between the two nations is rated 2x more than the last edition of ICC Champions Trophy 2013.
A Star India spokesperson said, “ICC Champions Trophy 2017 has been an impressive event in terms of scale, reach and following; and the India–Pakistan match set a new viewership record on our network, making it the highest-rated ODI match in BARC history. Fittingly for an event of such scale, we redefined the viewer experience via our all-day programming and multi-language broadcast, which helped us set new benchmarks.”