- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Indo–Pak match highest-rated ODI match in BARC history
MUMBAI: The India–Pakistan clash in the ongoing ICC Champions Trophy attracted 201 million viewers, thus becoming the highest-rated ODI match in BARC history.
Moreover, an impressive 294 million viewers tuned in for the first half of the tournament, as per BARC India data for 2+ (U+R) all India.
India’s CT17 title defence against Pakistan kick-started with the #SabseBadaMoh campaign. The highly anticipated match between the two nations is rated 2x more than the last edition of ICC Champions Trophy 2013.
A Star India spokesperson said, “ICC Champions Trophy 2017 has been an impressive event in terms of scale, reach and following; and the India–Pakistan match set a new viewership record on our network, making it the highest-rated ODI match in BARC history. Fittingly for an event of such scale, we redefined the viewer experience via our all-day programming and multi-language broadcast, which helped us set new benchmarks.”