- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Indo–Pak match highest-rated ODI match in BARC history
MUMBAI: The India–Pakistan clash in the ongoing ICC Champions Trophy attracted 201 million viewers, thus becoming the highest-rated ODI match in BARC history.
Moreover, an impressive 294 million viewers tuned in for the first half of the tournament, as per BARC India data for 2+ (U+R) all India.
India’s CT17 title defence against Pakistan kick-started with the #SabseBadaMoh campaign. The highly anticipated match between the two nations is rated 2x more than the last edition of ICC Champions Trophy 2013.
A Star India spokesperson said, “ICC Champions Trophy 2017 has been an impressive event in terms of scale, reach and following; and the India–Pakistan match set a new viewership record on our network, making it the highest-rated ODI match in BARC history. Fittingly for an event of such scale, we redefined the viewer experience via our all-day programming and multi-language broadcast, which helped us set new benchmarks.”