- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
IndiaCast signs ratings agreement with Rentrak
MUMBAI: Global media measurement and research firm Rentrak has signed ratings agreement with IndiaCast Media for Viacom18 channels Aapka Colors (known as Colors outside the US) and MTV India.
IndiaCast will utilise Rentrak’s industry-leading TV ratings currency for programming research, as well as a business tool for its advertising sales initiatives.
“Aapka Colors and MTV India are extremely popular services, not only in the US, but around the world. With expanded distribution and focused marketing, we are now getting into the next phase of our business in the US for these brands, which is where measurement systems such as Rentrak play a big role,” said IndiaCast head of Americas business Sameer Goswami.
“Rentrak is happy to continue to serve the South Asian category and prove the value of these networks thorough our unique advanced demographic targets,” said Rentrak’s president of national television sales Chris Wilson.
Rentrak’s television ratings service is the only fully-integrated system of detailed satellite, telco and nationwide cable TV viewing information from more than 29 million TVs and video on demand from more than 114 million TVs, including granular information for TV stations in all 210 markets projected to the US population.
IndiaCast, a joint venture between TV18 and Viacom18, manages domestic distribution, placement services, international channel distribution and advertising sales, new media (digital) distribution and content syndication for all the group company channels.
With a content library of 15,000 hours across genres, IndiaCast syndicates content in over 100 countries in 20+ languages including Hebrew, Russian, Serbian, Bosnian, Albanian, Macedonian, Croatian, Azeri, Kazakh, Swahili and English.