- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
India TV’s mega conclave to take stock of two years of Modi govt
MUMBAI: Hindi news channel India TV has announced a mega conclave, ‘Samvaad’, to take stock of two years of the Narendra Modi-led NDA government.
The event will highlight the hits and misses, opportunities and challenges that will define the next three years of the Modi government.
Led by India TV chairman & editor-in-chief Rajat Sharma, the ‘Government of Hope and Anticipation’ shall be put to test by a team of premier journalists who will they delve deep inside the present government’s performance in its first two years. The Modi government is completing two years in office this month.
Some of the big guns like Amit Shah, Arun Jaitley, Rajnath Singh, Smriti Irani, Nitin Gadhkari, Piyush Goel, Ravishankar Prasad and Gen. V.K. Singh are not only expected to come and make some big headlines from this platform, but shall also share the stage with influential leaders from the opposition camp including Salman Khurshid, Jairam Ramesh, Lalu Prasad and Raj Babbar. Other top dignitaries include Baba Ramdev, Madhur Bhandarkar, Kumar Vishvas and Mahmood Madani.
Announcing the conclave, India TV managing director Ritu Dhawan said, “Since the announcement of general elections 2014, PM Narendra Modi has remained under constant scanner. As India’s biggest news channel, we at India TV wish to always keep our viewers on top and completion of second year of the most anticipated regime of our times, holds a lot of probing potential. This initiative is a manifestation of the same.”
The mega conclave will be held in New Delhi on 16 May.