- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
India TV returns to No. 2 spot
MUMBAI: India TV took back the second position from ABP News in the urban + rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM), according to BARC data for the week ended 13 January.
ABP News not only sank to the third position but also saw its impressions drop below 10 crore. Similarly, the impressions of Zee News also went below 10 crore, while that of India News plunged even further.
Top Hindi news channels in Rural HSM
India TV recaptured the second spot from ABP news in rural HSM.
India News jumped to the third position while ABP News fell to the fourth. Zee News slid to the fifth position.
Top Hindi news channels in Urban HSM
Zee News overtook ABP News to capture the third position in urban HSM.
ABP News fell to the fourth position, and the other positions remained unchanged.
Top English news channels
There was no change in the pecking order of the English news and business news channels. Similarly, the Hindi business news channels also saw no change in the hierarchy.
When it comes to English news, Times Now continued to lead the pack. It was, however, the only channel to experience a drop in impressions.
Top English business news channels
In English business news, all channels saw a dip in impressions.
Top Hindi business news channels
Hindi business news channels also followed the trend of their English counterparts.