- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
India TV returns as No. 1 Hindi news channel in Week 38
MUMBAI: The Hindi news genre witnessed a lot of shake-up in the top three order in the last few weeks. After tasting the No. 1 position in Week 35, the Rajat Sharma-helmed India TV stormed back to the top position in Week 38 of BARC ratings.
Aaj Tak, which has been the leader for most of the weeks, had to contend with the No. 2 position in Week 38.
Zee News, which had dislodged Aaj Tak to become No. 1 in Week 36 for the first time since BARC ratings rolled out, took the third slot in Week 38. ABP News, a consistent top three channel, remained out of the top three league for the second week in a row.
In the English news genre, India Today Television made a comeback to the No. 2 position by dislodging NDTV, which was pushed out of the top three. At No. 3 was CNN-IBN, while Times Now as usual hogged the top position.
English biz news
After taking the top position in the previous week, ET Now consolidated its position by retaining the top slot for the second consecutive week. CNBC TV18, which was pushed to the second slot, witnessed an increase of 10 ratings in thousands. NDTV Profit/Prime held on to its third position.
The two-channel Hindi business news genre remained unchanged with CNBC Awaaz and Zee Business being the top two channels. CNBC Awaaz gained 147 ratings in thousands while Zee Business lost almost 96 ratings in thousands.