- Trump Tower Mumbai Sales to Resume, Comes with Private Jet Service
- Subrata Paul suspended for dope taint, will go for 'B' sample test
- TCS, Infosys got only 8.8% of total H-1B visas: Nasscom's rebuttal to US
- Chhota Rajan, 3 others awarded 7-year jail term in fake passport case
- Shutdown in Tamil Nadu, DMK's MK Stalin arrested
- 2008 Malegaon blast case: Sadhvi Pragya Singh gets bail
India TV ousts Aaj Tak from Hindi news leadership
MUMBAI: India TV finally dislodged Aaj Tak from the number one position in the urban + rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM), as BARC data for Week 6 reveals.
Re-positioning seems to have done the trick for News18 India as it entered the top 5 for the first time since BARC started rolling out data. ABP News was pushed to the bottom, while India News altogether exited the top 5.
Hindi news channels in Urban HSM
India TV continued to be the top channel in the urban HSM. News18 India was the new entrant at No. 3 while News Nation was out of the top 5.
Hindi news channels in Rural HSM
Aaj Tak held the rural HSM crown, with India TV regaining the No. 2 spot from India News. News 24 was out of the top.
English news channels
In English news, CNN News18 moved to the third rank pushing NDTV 24×7 to the fourth.
English business news channels
CNBC TV18’s weekly impressions dropped from the high achieved due to Budget 2017. There was no change in the order.
Hindi business news channels
Hindi business news channels witnessed a drop in weekly impressions.