- OnePlus 5 to come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, first smartphone in India
- Apple TV updates Twitter with live 360 degree videos feature
- Infosys Ltd announces its new strategy to hire and train 10,000 American workers over the next two years.
- Uber will roll-out new feature in India, enabling users to unlock custom Snapchat filters
- Hollywood star Brad Pitt visits India to promote his Netflix release 'War Machine’
- Wolrd Organisation UN denies Pakistan’s claim that Indian troops targeted UN vehicle near LoCs
- Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court grants bail to five accused in coal case against Naveen Jindal
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi stresses on reducing dependence on other countries for getting medical equipment, to make treatment affordable for people
- Devendra Fadnavis chopper crash lands in Latur, Maharashtra CM and team escapes unhurt
India TV ousts Aaj Tak from Hindi news leadership
MUMBAI: India TV finally dislodged Aaj Tak from the number one position in the urban + rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM), as BARC data for Week 6 reveals.
Re-positioning seems to have done the trick for News18 India as it entered the top 5 for the first time since BARC started rolling out data. ABP News was pushed to the bottom, while India News altogether exited the top 5.
Hindi news channels in Urban HSM
India TV continued to be the top channel in the urban HSM. News18 India was the new entrant at No. 3 while News Nation was out of the top 5.
Hindi news channels in Rural HSM
Aaj Tak held the rural HSM crown, with India TV regaining the No. 2 spot from India News. News 24 was out of the top.
English news channels
In English news, CNN News18 moved to the third rank pushing NDTV 24×7 to the fourth.
English business news channels
CNBC TV18’s weekly impressions dropped from the high achieved due to Budget 2017. There was no change in the order.
Hindi business news channels
Hindi business news channels witnessed a drop in weekly impressions.