- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
India TV maintains lead, Aaj Tak comes 2nd in Week 28
MUMBAI: In the Hindi news genre, Aaj Tak came back to the second spot while, despite a small drop in viewership, India TV continued to hold on to the top position in the week ended 17 July.
The other news genres, namely English general news, English business news and Hindi business news, did not see any change in their pecking order.
As per BARC India television viewership data for Week 28, Aaj Tak gained the most among the Hindi news channels as it overtook ABP News to claim the second spot. ABP News witnessed a fall both in viewership and in position (from second to third) during the week.
When it comes to the English news genre, all the top three channels witnessed a drop in their respective viewership.
English business news
The top two English business news players, CNBC-TV18 and ET Now, which were neck and neck in the previous week, saw a huge jump in Week 28. While the former more than doubled its viewership and remained the leader, ET Now saw a whopping 70+ per cent jump.
Hindi business news
The Hindi business news genre, which is a two-player game involving CNBC Awaaz and Zee Business, did not see any change in the pecking order.
Genre leader CNBC Awaaz did incur a loss of viewership, while Zee Business saw some gain.
- Hindi GECs see drop in viewership in Week 28
- English entertainment and movie channels see change in hierarchy
- India TV pips Aaj Tak to become No. 1 in Week 27