- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
India TV enters Top 3 slot in Week 17
MUMBAI: Rajat Sharma-helmed India TV has dislodged Zee News to enter the top 3 in the Hindi news genre hierarchy, BARC data for the week ended 1 May shows.
It is pertinent to note that India TV’s ratings in the prior week had faced errors. The channel’s ratings were recorded for only three days due to “missing watermark”.
In week 17, Aaj Tak continues to be at the top, followed by ABP News.
In the prior week, Aaj Tak was at No. 1, ABP News at No. 2 and Zee News at No. 3.
English general news
In the general English TV news genre, CNN IBN dropped out of the top three list. Times Now maintained its leadership position while Headlines Today pipped CNN IBN to take the second slot. NDTV held on to its third position in week 17.
In week 16, Times Now, CNN IBN and NDTV 24×7 were the top three channels.
English business news
CNBC TV18 is the number 1 business news channel, followed by ET Now and Bloomberg TV.
Hindi business news
In Hindi business news, Zee Business has overtaken CNBC Awaaz to become the number 1 channel.
The Hindi general news channel ranking is based on BARC data for the Hindi-speaking market (HSM). BARC data for the English general news, Hindi business news and English business news is based on six mega cities.