- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
India TV edges past Aaj Tak to take top slot in Week 40
MUMBAI: After being a consistent No. 1, Aaj Tak has suddenly found its position as the top news channel under threat in the last few weeks. India TV once again went past Aaj Tak to take the top slot in the Hindi news genre in Week 40 of 2015 as per BARC.
Zee News retained the second slot even as Aaj Tak had to contend with the third position.
A change was also seen in the top slot in the English business news genre, with CNBC TV18 returning to the No. 1 position by relegating ET Now to the second spot. However, the gap between the two arch-rivals was very narrow. NDTV Profit/Prime cemented its position at the third slot.
In the English news genre, India Today Television returned to the top three edging past NDTV 24×7, while Times Now and CNN-IBN held on to the first and the third position respectively.
The Hindi business news genre remained unchanged, with CNBC Awaaz sitting at the top, followed by Zee Business.