- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
India TV becomes No. 1 Hindi news channel as Aaj Tak slips to No. 2
MUMBAI: Aaj Tak slipped to the second position as India TV replaced it as the No. 1 Hindi news channel in BARC’s ratings for Week 42.
Aaj Tak had emerged as the No. 1 Hindi news channel in Week 41 when BARC had rolled out the first-ever rural ratings.
The pecking order otherwise remained unchanged in the week under review, with ABP News, News Nation and Zee News occupying the remaining three positions. The ratings for all the five channels saw a drastic fall.
CNBC Awaaz, which had lost the coveted position to Zee Business in the previous week, made a strong back by reclaiming the top position. Both the channels saw a drop in ratings.
The pecking order in the English news genre remained unchanged, barring the third position that was grabbed by NDTV 24×7, pushing India Today Television to the fourth spot in the process.
Times Now remained the dominant player in the genre while Bengaluru-based News9 sat tight at the fifth position for the second consecutive week.
The hierarchy in the English business news genre remained unchanged, with ET Now retaining the top slot, followed by CNBC TV18. NDTV Profit/Prime and Bloomberg TV India occupied the bottom two positions.
CNBC TV18 saw a drop in ratings in thousand by almost 90. ET Now and NDTV Profit/Prime witnessed a marginal drop. Bloomberg TV India, the smallest player in the genre, saw its ratings in thousand almost halve.