- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
India TV appoints Ajit Anjum as managing editor
MUMBAI: India TV has appointed senior journalist Ajit Anjum as managing editor.
Anjum, who comes with over 25 years of experience, was with BAG Network as the managing editor of News 24. He is best known for experimenting and ideating shows like ‘Sansani’, ‘Poll Khol’ and ‘Red Alert’.
This is the first big appointment at India TV since another veteran journalist QW Naqvi quit the channel in April this year.
Sharma said, “Ajit is a man of ideas, a professional with tremendous energy levels. At this juncture when India TV has successfully established itself as one of the most respected news brands in the country, his entry will definitely help us consolidate our position further.”
Anjum added, “I am thankful to India TV’s management for an opportunity as this one. All my endeavours will be to further India TV’s leadership in the Hindi News space.”
A Ramnath Goenka Awardee for political reporting in 2010, Anjum’s first major break with media was with newspaper Amar Ujala in 1990. He has also worked with Chauthi Duniya and Aaj Tak.