- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
India Today TV overtakes CNN News18 at third spot
MUMBAI: India Today Television climbed to the third spot in Week 52 of BARC ratings for the period ended 30 December.
CNN News18, which was at the third position, fell to No. 4. Other positions in the top 5 remained unchanged.
Times Now continued to lead, followed by NDTV 24×7.
All the channels in the English news genre saw a dip in their viewership.
Top Hindi news channels in Urban+Rural
There was no change in the pecking order of Hindi news channels in urban + rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM).
Aaj Tak was the top channel, followed by India TV and then ABP News.
Top Hindi news channels in Urban HSM
In urban HSM, News Nation replaced India News at the fifth place.
Aaj Tak, India TV, ABP News and Zee News were the top four channels.
Top Hindi news channels in Rural HSM
In rural HSM, Zee News and India News swapped positions even as the top 3 remained unchanged.
Aaj Tak, India TV and ABP News comprised the top three channels.
Top English business news channels
Although the pecking order of English business news genre remained unaltered, the top two channels witnessed a drop in their viewership.
CNBC TV18 and ET Now were the top two channels.
NDTV Profit/Prime, BTVi and CNBC TV18 Pime HD saw their viewership rise.
Hindi business news channels
The Hindi business news channels also saw a drop in their viewership.