- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
India Today TV overtakes CNN News18 at third spot
MUMBAI: India Today Television climbed to the third spot in Week 52 of BARC ratings for the period ended 30 December.
CNN News18, which was at the third position, fell to No. 4. Other positions in the top 5 remained unchanged.
Times Now continued to lead, followed by NDTV 24×7.
All the channels in the English news genre saw a dip in their viewership.
Top Hindi news channels in Urban+Rural
There was no change in the pecking order of Hindi news channels in urban + rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM).
Aaj Tak was the top channel, followed by India TV and then ABP News.
Top Hindi news channels in Urban HSM
In urban HSM, News Nation replaced India News at the fifth place.
Aaj Tak, India TV, ABP News and Zee News were the top four channels.
Top Hindi news channels in Rural HSM
In rural HSM, Zee News and India News swapped positions even as the top 3 remained unchanged.
Aaj Tak, India TV and ABP News comprised the top three channels.
Top English business news channels
Although the pecking order of English business news genre remained unaltered, the top two channels witnessed a drop in their viewership.
CNBC TV18 and ET Now were the top two channels.
NDTV Profit/Prime, BTVi and CNBC TV18 Pime HD saw their viewership rise.
Hindi business news channels
The Hindi business news channels also saw a drop in their viewership.