- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
India Today TV, ABP News swing back to No. 3 in Week 47
MUMBAI: Most of the channels in the Hindi and English general news categories witnessed a drop in their respective viewership, as per BARC data for Week 47 of 2015.
While there were no major changes, India Today TV and ABP News each climbed a notch in the English and Hindi news space respectively, thus hopping on to the third position in their respective genres.
Meanwhile, the competition between the top two players once again intensified in the business news space in the week ended 27 November.
English general news
Except for India Today TV, all the channels saw a drop in viewership. Times Now maintained its lead, followed by NDTV 24X7.
Last week’s No. 3 player, CNN IBN, dropped to No. 4, while BBC World News once again became No. 5 after Karnataka’s News9 dropped out of the top five.
The top five channels witnessed a drop in viewership during the week. Aaj Tak and India TV maintained their first and second positions respectively, while Zee News dropped below ABP News to the fourth position, helping the latter to claim the third spot.
News Nation remained at No. 5 on the chart.
While there was no change in the pecking order, CNBC TV18 witnessed a minor gain in viewership and came strikingly close to genre leader ET Now, which suffered the biggest fall in the genre.
Hindi business news
This two-channel genre continued to witness a see-saw between CNBC Awaaz and Zee Business.
Once again, with some viewership gain, CNBC Awaaz raced ahead of Zee Business.