- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
India has 186 pay TV channels, says TRAI
MUMBAI: There are a total of 186 pay channels in the country, as per the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India’s (TRAI) Indian Telecom Services Performance Indicator report.
The number of pay channels has been arrived at based on the wholesale channel rates provided by broadcasters to the TRAI.
During the quarter ended June 2014, the distribution of Fox Sports News was discontinued by Star India.
Broadcasting & Cable Services
|No. of private satellite TV channels registered with Ministry of I&B||797|
|Number of private FM Radio Stations||243|
|Registered DTH Subscribers||67.57 Million|
|Active DTH Subscribers||38.24 Million|
Digital cable is offering a maximum of 386 TV channels. In conventional analogue form, the maximum number of channels being carried by any reporting multi-system operator (MSO) is 100.
The report also states that there are 243 private FM radio stations in operation till June-end. Prior data showed 242 stations, as per the information received from the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.