- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
India has 186 pay TV channels, says TRAI
MUMBAI: There are a total of 186 pay channels in the country, as per the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India’s (TRAI) Indian Telecom Services Performance Indicator report.
The number of pay channels has been arrived at based on the wholesale channel rates provided by broadcasters to the TRAI.
During the quarter ended June 2014, the distribution of Fox Sports News was discontinued by Star India.
Broadcasting & Cable Services
|No. of private satellite TV channels registered with Ministry of I&B||797|
|Number of private FM Radio Stations||243|
|Registered DTH Subscribers||67.57 Million|
|Active DTH Subscribers||38.24 Million|
Digital cable is offering a maximum of 386 TV channels. In conventional analogue form, the maximum number of channels being carried by any reporting multi-system operator (MSO) is 100.
The report also states that there are 243 private FM radio stations in operation till June-end. Prior data showed 242 stations, as per the information received from the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.